The DGtal library is composed of several main packages focusing on specific topics in Digital Geometry. Such packages are introduced below and are also documented in the DGtal documentation main pages
- This package describes the main DGtal philosophy, its design and several technical comments to download, compile and install DGtal.
- David Coeurjolly, Bertrand Kerautret
- This package contains core concepts, objects and methods which are used in other higher level packages. For example, it defines number types considered in DGtal, fundamental structures such as the digital space, the digital domain, as well as basic linear algebra tools.
- Jacques-Olivier Lachaud, David Coeurjolly, Guillaume Damiand, Sebastien Fourey
- This package contains digital topology related concepts, objects and methods which are used in other higher level packages. For example, it contains the classical topology tools (à la Rosenfeld), cartesian cellular topology, and digital surface topology (à la Herman). Generic tools and methods are provided for extracting connected components, identifying simple points, determining the neighborhood over a digital surface, tracking the boundary of a shape, defining cells and incidence operations. This package is notably used by the geometry package, especially to define curves and surfaces.
- Jacques-Olivier Lachaud, Bertrand Kerautret
- This package contains geometry related concepts, objects and methodswhich are used in other higher level packages. For example, it contains geometrical tools for the analysis of digitalcontours or digital objects.
- Tristan Roussillon, David Coeurjolly, Jacques-Olivier Lachaud
Boards & Viewers
- This package describes how to export DGtal objects into graphics files or viewers in dimension 3.
- Bertrand Kerautret, Jacques-Olivier Lachaud, Martial Tola, David Coeurjolly
- LGPL (GPL if QGLViewer is used)
- This package aims to implement Image models and data-structures.
- David Coeurjolly